Blog is serie of posts in reverse chronological order. It’s a frequently updated online personal journal.
Reasons for blogging
- do you have a message?
- are you a good communicator?
- do you want your site to be an industry leader?
- are you thick skinned? (don’t feed trolls)
- do you have time to write, moderate, respond? (inactive blog can damage your brand)
Types of blogs
- personal blogs
- microblogging (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn)
- group blogs
- corporate blogs
- reverseblog (forum like, opened to it’s users to post)
Advantages of blogging
- increases search engine traffic (Google loves fresh content)
- generates inbound links
- increases leads and improves conversion rates
- gives your brand a human side
- connects people to your brand and encourages discussion
- supports your social media initiatives
Blog can improve SEO because it generates favourable results in search engine results.
Golden rules of blogging
- stay focused and on point
- post regular but not at the expense of quality
- speak the language of your audience
- remember that you are part of the community (engage with your audience)
- surprise and reward your audience
How to create a blog
- decision: self-hosting or free blog?
- choose your blog topic and content and stay on message
- choose a blogging platform
- get a domain name and hosting
- setup & start blogging