Key terms of e-commerce:
- conversion = user takes action (sale)
- lead = people that gives contact information
- ad copy = text that sells for us
- KPI = key performance indicator
What do we need to attract our target audience? Educate ourselves about channels:
- can I integrate them into my strategy?
- am I familiar with the functions?
Build strategy that is going to be driven by data generated from previous efforts. Social media commerce tips:
- your goal
- campaign design
- reputation management
- watch for trends
The sales funnel:
- who likes our page
- who sees our content
- who clicks our links
- who looks at our products
- who clicks "buy now"
- who confirms the purchase
Adopting web-based approach to marketing and engaging it's customers through a proprietary web site. Confidence ensures discipline. How to gain confidence:
Don't count profits until the campaign finished.
Digital marketing strategy development
- structure your strategy
- ste out your business vision
- develop appropriate value proposition
- review the marketplace, define your audience and target
- define objectives and KPIs
- develop appropriate timeframes
- define costings and budget
- create data analysis methodologies and associated actions
- define positive customer experience measurement
- get new customers
- implement the nurture strategy - engagement and loyalty
- review, improve and start again
The creation of positive digital marketing operation is best achieved through ROI analysis, having a digital marketing strategy and practicing that strategy. This should show the individual exactly what to expect from their online marketing activities and protect you from losses. Education, experience and determination will create and reinforce self confidence.
Process of applying different techniques to evaluate data. It is data analysis, not guessing. Design, strategy, implementation - all supported ba data. Measuring the succes or failure, data analysis is the only way you will be successful as an online marketer. You need to know in advance:
- how much you can spend
- what you expect to make
Corelation does not imply causation. It's important to take all factors in consideration. Importance of data conversions:
- you need to know what to do with data
- not using data hurts
- using data badly is often even worse
Data analysis shows what works. Track changes on your site or posting practices. Analytics has the answers:
- where in our funnel clients fall off
- what are their most preferred parts of our site
- how can we improve every single day
Costs and return
- how much you generate from each client
- how much you currently spend to attract a client
- how much you can safely spend
Data is the key:
- know your return in a precise manner
- assess the campaign, before and after
- is, and then was, the campaign warranted
|ARPL||average revenue per lead||total revenue divided by the number of leads
|ARPA||average revenue per acquisition||total revenue divided by the number of paying customers
|PPM||percentage profit margin||total percentage of all revenue that results in gross profit
Email marketing are relevant, engaging, timely messages to specific recipients.
Two phases: acquiring leads and then converting them. Conversion is the measurement of when a person took action that pushes him further down the purchase funnel. It is when person completes objectives usually becoming a paying customer. It can be one sale, one signup, one mail, one viewer...
Risks of converting
- converting wrong people: do not miss-sell, financial products with high risk, moral issues, commercial issues, don't accept all purchases at face value, profiling will help...
- converting too little: PPC (pay too much), SEO (bounce Google downgrading), affiliate (lose interest)
- staff: demotivated, unrewarded, lose faith
- overall well-being: massive failure on all fronts
Benefits of email marketing
- building relationships with people (one on one)
- people use email more than Facebook, search...
- worth the time
- half of emails are read on smartphones (responsive design)
- design is big deal
- 70% mails are deleted if don't render well on mobile
- people like special offers, promotions and vouchers (added value)
- people respond on email more than on Facebook + Twitter together
- subject line is most important reason to open email: keep it short and to the point
SUBJECT: verb purpose outcome (10% off new online store)
- get provider
- get email list management
- unsubscribe functionality
- design templates and WYSIWYG editor
- mail merge (personalizing)
- analytics and reports
- delivery management
- integrated spam filtering
Build email subscriber list, don't buy it.
- open rates
- click through rates
- device types
- bounce rates (fake email)
- unsubscribe rates
- never buy lists
- never share your list
- always use software
- have easy unsubscribe function
- A/B test
- images, text, subject lines
- design for mobile
- get personal
- be relevant, be useful
- don't spam (www.spamhaus.org)
Performance based marketing. 4 major pillars:
- publisher/affiliate (3rd party)
- customer/end user
- network/offers for affiliates
16% of e-commerce comes from affiliate. It can be B2C and B2B.
CPA is revenue received by a publisher when he or she sends user to an advertiser who converts. Acquisition is conversion, it involves a transaction or purchase, advertisers pays only for converts. CPL is cost per lead. Revenue received when publisher generates a lead for an advertiser on their site. Usually involves user filling contact form.
Revenue share, not fixed amount per conversion. Advertising costs are defined by revenue.
Risks of affiliate marketing
- CPAs can be dangerous. No guarantee, expensive, frauds. Better avoid in the beginning.
- Conversions - sending traffic with no conversions, so, no revenue. This can be due to non-targeted traffic or fraud.
- Aligned interests - don't compete with yourself. Merchant + affiliate = partnership. Same space = problems.
- Cash flow and receiving revenue
- Tracking performance
Merchant AND affiliate, not OR:
- phase 1 = being the affiliate
- phase 2 = being the merchant
- you can be both
Merchants must have
- product or service
- definition of conversions
- commercials (numbers): how much to pay and to generate
- platform (private or network)
- tracking sales and numbers (software)
- realtime reporting
- platform to communicate
- platform to upload offers and product feeds
- be able to select affiliates
- track metrics like CPA, CPC, CPM...
Recruiting and managing affiliates
- web searching
- attractive payment structures
- know your affiliate motivations
- communicate and be adaptive
- treat with care
www.postaffiliatepro.com (have demo)
Questions to ask
- size of audience
- who is the audience
- how does the affiliate communicate with them
- frequency of communication
- past comparable performances
- Alexa rank
- low risk
- search affiliates
- builds your authority and ranking
- ready made networks and providers
- 24/7/365 workforce
Social media is interaction among people. It's two-way street (create, share and exchange) while billboard is one-way street. Online reputation management (ORM) means altering the perceptions of a brand for the benefit of the company. Focusing on excellent product/services, monitoring what customers are saying about you on social
media, providing excellent customer service and online PR. Reputation determine the success or failure.
Consequences of doing nothing:
- being unaware of how your brand is percieved
- inability to respond to criticism
- inability to resolve complaints
- lack of competency
Social media should inspire.
Facebook for business ORM
Good for reaching new customers, engaging with existing customers and establishing an accessible web presence even for companies without established websites.
- over 1 billion users
- use Facebook pages, not personal profiles
Twitter for business ORM
It is the easiest social network to get up and running and talking to influencers and customers fast and it is good for showing the personality of your brand without the need for "marketing speak".
- 230 million users
- 140 characters: brevity & clarity
- retweet (post or forward another user's tweet)
- #hashtag (categorizing)
LinkedIn for business ORM
Other social media
- YouTube for video
- Instagram for photo
- Foursquare - location based social media
- Yelp, Tripadvisor, Places, G+
- Ravelry, Soundcloud, GoodReads, Pinterest, Mapmyrun - speciality base social media
- WordPress, Tumblr, Squarespace - blogging
Hootsuite - a social media management tool that helps online marketers manage all of their social media in one place. Mention - a way to stay informed about what is being said about your brand and track this over time.
What people are saying about you:
- Google "your brand name reviews"
- Twitter: mentions & hashtags
- Yelp and Yahoo answers
- Tweetbinder, Twittonomy, SocialMention, Hashtagify.me
Golden rule of ORM: treat customers or users how you want to be treated. Exercise empaty, do not get angry and frustrated, stick to disney/mum rule.
Managing your reputation:
- respond quickly
- don't delete comments
- be professional
- devote time and resources in the event of crisis
5 steps to ORM success in Google:
- maximize social media presence (LinkedIn, YouTube)
- publish high-quality content
- register on Yelp or Crunchbase
- start blogging
- negative content? ask to be removed
How to deal with negative reviews? If it's not true, show proof, ask to remove. If it is true, present your story, check tone, what steps you plan to take.
It's marketing in a digital world:
- you need to be easily found on Internet
- mobile is the core of the multidevice Internet
- 50%+ connections comes through mobile devices
- not about brand: add value, be unique, manage content, be a disrupter, choose channel and focus
Online marketing is typically less expensive than traditional marketing, offers great accountability and ability to track successful spends.
Digital marketing communications mix
- email marketing
- social media
- online reputation (online image)
- display advertising
- affiliate marketing
- mobile messaging
- content marketing (blogging, viral videos)
- design & development
Customer is king. Monetizing social content: optimizing and conversion. Conversion is when user completes action. Focus on one or two media. Designing for conversions. Good example: www.amazon.com. Bad example: www.clickonthings.com.
Knjiga SEO 2013 and beyond na jednostavan i praktičan način opisuje kako je Google nekada rangirao rezultate pretraživanja a kako to radi od 2012. godine, odnosno, od Penguin apdejta. Da sumiram to u par rečenica...
Pre Pingvina, za visok rejting među rezultatima pretrage je bilo potrebno:
- pronaći visoko tražene ključne reči za koje je konkurencija slaba
- optimizovati stranicu za te ključne reči
- generisati masu povratnih linkova koji u naslovu imaju ove ključne reči
- uživati u kratkotrajnom skoku popularnosti
Od sredine 2012. godine Google uvodi optimizaciju svog pretraživača a sve u cilju da smanji spam i nekvalitetne tekstove tako da nam je sada potrebno sledeće:
- Kvalitetan sadržaj za posetioce a ne sadržaj optimizovan za pretraživače. To podrazumeva da u tekstu "gustina" ključnih reči treba da bude prirodna a ne napumpana (tačka 2 iz vremena pre Pingvina). Dalje, tekst treba da izgleda kao da ga je napisao stručnjak odnosno neko ko zna o čemu priča, stručnjak prirodno u pisanju koristi termine koji se odnose na datu temu (niche vocabulary) što doprinosi relevantnosti teksta i njegovom boljem rangiranju i, jako važno, tekst treba da doda neku vrednost u odnosu na već postojeće tekstove (prvih 10 iz rezultata pretraživanja tzv. serps) na istu temu.
- Organizacija sajta u smislu da naziv domena ne utiče više na pozicioniranje (kupivijagru dot com više neće biti prvi na listi rezultata), da sadržaj treba grupisati po tematici ili kategorijama (tzv. silosi) kojima će se pristupati preko menija kako bi se korisnicima olakšala navigacija. Treba koristiti interno povezivanje/linkovanje sadržaja/stranica u okviru teksta kako bi korisnici na klik mogli da saznaju nešto više. Isto tako treba koristiti povezane sadržaje i, na kraju, treba koristiti tagove.
- Autoritet - sadržaji moraju da imaju status informacija ili saveta stručnjaka, povratni linkovi treba da dolaze sa kvalitetnih sajtova iz branše, odlazni linkovi takođe treba da vode na kvalitetne sajtove, poželjno je povezati se u društvenu mrežu (FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube...), pisati na tuđim relevantnim blogovima itd.
- Šta korisnik treba da dobije? Dobar dizajn, brzinu sajta, zaraznost sadržajem, interaktivnost (pitanja i komentari) i poverenje u informacije sa sajta.